Monday, August 16, 2010

Camping

This year the ward camp out was held while Jake was out of town, but I didn't let that stop me from going. Yep, I camped with the girls and my dog without Jake. It really wasn't hard because I had a lot of help from ward members. The cub scouts helped me with my tent, a girl named Lucy played with Theo, my friend Mary held Macy a lot, other kiddos entrained Tori, and the ward provided the food.
Tori and Macy did really well camping. They both slept through the night with out a peep. Tori was very excited to sleep outside. It did take her a second to get the concept of a sleeping bag. She wanted to sleep under it and not in it. After showing Tori how cozy and warm it was inside vs laying on the tent floor she thought is was better to scoot all the down into the sleeping bag. That is how she slept. Tori did wake up a little cranky but after she found the other kids to play with she was happy again.
This was Macy's first time camping, and I so excited she did well. Now I feel confident that our family can go camping without worrying about how well Macy would do. Before Macy fell asleep she did have fun crawling around and making noise in the tent.
We all had a lot of fun, and I can't wait till next time.







1 comment: