Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tori's Two Week Appointment

Tori had two week appointment on February 11th, and it went very well. At 7 lbs and 3 oz she is gaining weight like a champ and is perfectly healthy. Tori is at the 17th percentile for her weight and 44th percentile for her length. As scheduled she had her little heel pricked for the PKU tests. The 10 seconds it took the nurse to take her blood samples seemed like an hour to me as I watched my baby cry. It was so painful for me to see her in pain, I even stated to cry. I wanted to snatch Tori right away from that heal pricking nurse after the first little circle was filled and kiss and coo her back to comfort verses waiting to do my comforting. I sound a bit crazy but I love my baby so much and can't help but want to keep her protected from the slightest pain.

2 comments:

Laine said...

I KNOW JUST HOW YOU FEEL! I hate it when they ask me to hold my child's arms...then they think it is me hurting them. I HATE it. Sorry she had to get poked.

the narrator said...

just make sure that tori isn't looking at you as she's being pricked with a needle. at this young of an age, she may forever see you as the harbinger of pain.