Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tag Catch Up

So Lately, as you might have noticed, I have not been in a blogging mood. In addition I haven't been good at keeping up with all my friends blogs. Sorry. Now that I am getting back on track let i need to catch up with the "tags" .

First Elaine tagged me....

Merry Christmas!

1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? Wrapping paper is so much more fun.

2. Real Tree or Artificial? This is shameful but I have to say artificial prelit. I know the real trees are so much better but for now our fake, $20 prelit, 61/2 foot, not to wide tree does the trick. Maybe when we get a bigger place in a few years the real tree will my pick.

3. When do you put up your tree? Well we have not started a tradition yet but I think the Monday after thanksgiving would be nice day to get the tree up. You know for family night we could decorate the tree and sing Christmas songs.

4. When do you take down the tree? January 2nd. I always have a tough time saying bye to Christmas time.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but I must put milk in my eggnog to thin it out a bit.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A guitar, I was 16 but a child enough.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Jake's mom.

8. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep. Jake gave me the willow tree nativity scene last year. It is very nice.

9. Mail or email Christmas Cards? Mail. I am sending out my first on today! Sorry if everyone doesn't get one. I will be posting the card and the letter soon.

10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? Well there isn't a gift that has just so bad it ruined my Christmas. Plus some of the weirder gifts I have been giving are some of the best because they are great stories and memories. However Santa did give me a awful sweater when I was in my preteen year. So just holding up was a little embarrassing.

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? Charlie Brown

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Novemberish till Christmas Eve.

13. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything with cream cheese.

14. Lights on the tree? I am going with Elaine on this one, Who has ever heard of a Christmas tree without lights?

15. Favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night and All I want for Christmas is you.

16. Travel at Christmas of Stay Home? As a child I always loved staying home vs going some where else. Right now I would rather travel but I can't till my kids are older and we can stay home with out it being lonely.

17. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?Nope but I can with help of google dasher, dancer, prancer, vixon, comet, cupid, donder and blitzen, rudolph!

18. Angel on the top or a star? I prefer the star, but right now I do not have either.

19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? I like opening one gift on Christmas Eve.

20.The most annoying thing about this time of year? Parking at the mall.

21. Favorite ornament theme or color? Green and Gold

22. Favorite Christmas Dinner? Turkey, cornbread dressing, potato salad, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, but the most important is the cranberry sauce. Dinner is ruined without it.

23. What do you want for Christmas this year? I really hope my brother, Ivan, will be home for Christmas from Iraq.

24. My Favorite Christmas Gift Received Ever? Theo was a pretty good gift.


Next for the the "tags", Tami's...

8 favorite tv shows: These are not in any particular order
1. Pushing Daisies
2. King of Queens
3. The Cosby Show
4. Lost
5. Samantha Who
6. Greys Anatomy
7. Heroes
8. The Office


8 things i did yesterday:
1. Cleaned
2. Made Dinner
3. Finished Christmas cards
4. Made plans
5. Babysat
6. Watched Toy Story
7. Went visiting teaching
8. Talked to my mom

8 things i look forward to:
1. Going to Louisiana
2. Christmas
3. Getting pregnant again
4. Being a doula
5. Jake getting home from work
6. Wendee having her baby
7. A hair cut
8. Five pounds from now.

8 favorite restaurants:
1. Gloria's Little Itaily
2. Joe Verdes
3. AppleBee’s
4. Villiage Inn
5. Tucanos
6. Sensous Sandwich
7. Mimi's Cafe
8. Sammy's


No comments: