Monday, February 9, 2009

Time to Brag

I know it is not tasteful to out right brag about about myself on my blog but I am...

For one month I went to the gym every day Monday-Saturday! I am very proud of my self and hope to keep doing this for the rest of my life!

After 30 days I am totally seeing the results! I did not loose much weight but I am staring to loose my spare tire around my waist, and I'm seeing definition in my arms and legs that I have never had. I can feel that I am stronger, I feel better, and I can run to the back of Wal-Mart to switch my eggs and back with out getting out of breath.

I am still working towards my goal of being able to comfortably run 3 consecutive ten minute miles at a 3% incline. Comfortably meaning not wanting to pass out right after I am done and being able to keep going. Actually I am not even close. In 30 minutes I go a little over 2.6 miles. I have not even tried to jog at 6 mph yet because 5.5 mph is kicking my trash.

Another fitness goal I have made is participate in a sprint triathlon and Olympic triathlon.
Right now I am focusing on getting fit and in a better routine of working out. I haven't starting to specifically train for the triathlons but I am pretty sure swimming a mile is going to be the most challenging.

The disttnces for sprint and a olympic triathlon are
Sprint: Swim .5 miles Bike 12.4 miles Run 3.1 miles
Olympic: .93 miles 24.8miles 6.2 miles

Oh man typing the distances makes me realize a bit more how challenging swimming, biking, and running so far will be But I will do it!

2 comments:

Laine said...

Sylvia, do you want to come to Colorado in September and do the olympic triathlon with me? I can't find ANYONE to do it with! It's less than a mile swim, 29 mile bike and 5 mile run. tell me what you think, maybe we can recruit ang to do it too? it's on sept. 12th.

JessWilson said...

Way to go Sylvia! Making it to the gym consistently sure isn't a easy task - especially with a little one. I'm doing my first triathlon in May (woman of steel in AF) and it's been amazing to train for. Not sure about the swimming yet but still working on it. Good luck with your fitness goals and let me know if you ever need a tri-buddy for a local race. :)