Thursday, August 25, 2011

Glorious Garden


Early this year I didn't write anything about planting a garden, but I did. As usual I planted tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, squash, radishes, onions, lettuce, peas, and spinach. I Just didn't get around to taken pictures, and to quite honest with the sprinklers doing the watering for me, and paying the neighborhood kids to weed, I didn't pay much attention after to it till it started producing.

This is my bounty from today. Yes just from today. That is 42 tomatoes( including the little ones), 3 peppers (not shown), and 6 zucchini, and yes one egg. Yes, we have chickens. I will blog about them when I can get glamor shots of the gals. Granted I haven't picked anything for a few days, but still I am amazed at my green thumb. HAHAHA! Just kidding, My tomatoes are small, and if I knew what I was doing I am sure I would have better results.

With all my tomatoes I want to can salsa. Yummy! I have a also heard great things about making tomato jelly. But most of all I love giving tomatoes to the neighbors, which gets in the way of having enough tomatoes to can, but wherever. I have met a few of neighbors, and became better acquainted with them in past couple of years due to my tomatoes. They sure are amazing little vegtiable or fruits, aren't they!?!

No comments: