Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ear Rings

Tori asked to get her ear ring in her ears, and I said Yes, obviously.




On Monday morning Tori came to me with a pair of my ear rings, and asked me to put them in for her. I told her I couldn't because she didn't have pierced ears. She then asked to go to the mall to get ear rings. I was so surprised. I never thought should would want to so soon, because I told her in the past that to get earrings you have to get holes put in them, and it hurts a little. She has even seen a older girl at the mall get hers done, and didn't like the looks of the experience. I even reminded her after she asked that it would hurt, and I would have to clean them a lot, but she still seemed really excited to get her ears pierced.

Jake and I had discussed that when our daughters asked they could get their ears pierced, but we didn't think we would be asked so soon. I called Jake after Tori asked and let him know what we were going to do that day. I was more excited about the idea than he was, but he reluctantly gave his consent.

When we got to the mall I had Tori picked out the ear rings she wanted, sat in the chair had her ears marked, and on the count of three Tori's first ear was pierced. She started to get teary eyed and freaked out, but before she could runaway or go crazy her second ear was pierced. The lady that helped us was really fast, and did a good job. Tori did cry for minute but stopped as soon as she saw she was going to get a sucker. Even after the minute of pain she was still very happy to have ear rings.



No comments: