Sunday, September 25, 2011


I attended the General Relief Society Meeting at the Conference Center with my in laws. It was great. I am not sure who doesn't feel this way, but President Dieter F. Uchtdorf talk was exceptional. He used the forget me not flower, which has five petals, as a metaphor to illustrate five things he would like the women to remember. They were
1. Forget not to be patient with yourself.

2. Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice.
3. Forget not to be happy now.
4. Forget not the why of the gospel.
5. Forget not that the Lord loves you.


His talk was very touching for me personally. It can be so easy for me to forget these steps that I see as great contributors to my joy in life, self worth, and Testimony.

Here is one clip from his talk you can find more here from his talk.




So I just had to get a picture of the lovely woman I attended the meeting with. They were a bit hesitant about it, but they went ahead put a smile on their face, and took a beautiful picture for me. Thank you so much Autumn, Karen, Karen, Wendee, Sherrie, and Cindy.

After I took the first picture I turned the corner and there was the Salt Lake City Temple shining so beautifully. I was a bit bummed that we didn't take a with Temple in the back ground vs. the western sky. Karen noticed my slight disappointment, took my camera, I spun Sherrie around, and in two seconds we had a totally glamorous picture:). I love it.




No comments: