Thursday, July 10, 2008

Timp

Shop at Out N Back for all your camping and out door needs! They rock.
Scout Falls


Serena and I

My good friend and visiting teaching companion Serena started going hiking a couple times a week a few months ago. On our first hike we decided to hike Mount Timpanogos latter in the summer. Well we decided to go earlier than we decided. Like two months earlier. On the June 28th we set out on our big hike. (Serena has hiked Timp 4 or 5 times but this was my first.) We left the house at 4:00 in the morning hoping to get a early start to the hike but on our way the canyon a police man informed us the road was closed because someone rolled their vehicle and they were waiting for a tow truck. We waited for about 45 minutes then were able to get threw. We started hiking at 6:00. We made it to about the mid point between the lake and the saddle before we decided to turn back becuase of the snow. I really enjoyed the hike even though we didn't make it to the top. Coming down was fun because we slid about half of it on our bums down long snow fields. At the end of this month I am making a another trek up to get the top so if you want to come let me know.

2 comments:

Laine said...

I wanna go!!!!

Angela said...

awesome pics! i am so jealous! i want to hike timp with you!