Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Around the World




 For the 17th of December we learned about Christmas celebrations from around the world for our activity.  We used an advent calender from the December 2009 issue of the Friend. Then we tried out a couple of the celebrations we learned about.

First we put candles up in our windows like people do in Ireland to show we would welcome Joseph and Mary in our home. Then we got balloons to and let them go in the night sky as an Argentine would do with a globos on Christmas Eve. We also had the girls put there shoes outside the door to be filled my St Nicholas like the children of Germany do on St. Nicholas Day.
I am most likely going to continue a Christmas activity like this every year because I love my girls learning about different cultures. If you would like to try this activity out then you can find what I used here.
fr


No comments: