Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Food

From time to time I purchase produce from a co-op, bountiful baskets. I love it, because it is a great deal, and I get to try new vegetables and herbs I normally don't buy. This week some of the goods I got were leeks, an eggplant, oregano, basil, and Rosemary. As crazy as it is I have never bought these things fresh. Well I bought a basil plant and killed it, and an eggplant. However I am trying to forget the eggplant because nothing went well  with it.
So far I have used all of the herbs, and I have had a delicious time with them.
With such a tasty time I have been having I can't help but be show my gratitude for my food. I am thankful for all the wonderful food Heavenly Father has given us. Yes I am thankful for cake, cookies, and all the things we make, but I enjoy the foods that were placed on this earth for our well being the most. I am so thankful for the nutrients  that fruits and vegetables  provide, and the health they support. I love how I feel better eating them, and that I can eat as much as I want.
I am thankful that I have an abundance of food. I never go hungry, and never have gone hungry. I am thankful I can buy food anytime day or night. I thankful for the the food my garden produced, and the eggs my chickens give me. I am thankful that I can prepare my food. I am thankful that very y basic need for life is so easily attained for my family, and the lack there is never an issue.

No comments: