Saturday, November 19, 2011

I am a Doula

I am a Birth Doula. In other words I support mothers throuh labor and birth. It is my passion to help moms in her birth decisions. I also feel that it is one of my talents, but as always I doubt myself from time to time. I was especially doughty of myself the first few births I attended. Over time I have leaned more, I have become a better doula, and my confidence has grown. Today my confidence grew leaps and bonds when I saw one of my past clients

My past doula client invited me to her daughter's birthday, who's birth I attended. I have kept in touch with this mother over the past year via facebook, however I have not seen her since two weeks after she gave bith to her baby. When I saw her today she ran to me rapped her arms around my neck and gave me wonderful hug. Her hug meant the world to me.
It really helped me understand how important my role as a doula was to her. Her hug validated my passion and talent I have to help mothers feel loved and supported in bringing life to this world. I realized that I do not need to doubt myself.

I am thankful for the boost in my confidence, for my passions and talents relating to the empowering process of birth, and I am especially thankful for all the parents who have allowed me to part of the most special parts of their lives. It is an honor.



No comments: