Saturday, November 5, 2011

LOL

 If you didn't know I am a birth doula(professional labor support), and am a member of a local doula association, The Utah Doula Association.  Today was the annual the UDA's Fall Retreat, and it was a blast. Honestly I haven't had this much fun at a doula even before. I think the difference was today was that I decided that I didn't feel like I needed to impress my fellow doulas, and so I was just myself. I was more talkative, told more corny jokes, laughed more, and introduced myself to more people. I am so happy I did because today I laughed my head off with the same ladies I was so eager to impress in the past. Anyway it was so fun laughing and luaghing with such great women.


Anywho, from that I want to pull my item of gratitude.

I am thankful for laughing with my friends family, and even with strangers. I thankful for the times I laugh so long and hard I almost pee my pants, snort, can't breath, fall to the ground, and am sore the next day. I love the happiness it brings, the wombs is will heal, how it unites people, the anger it calms,  and the walls  laughter  will crumble.

From one of my favorite General Conference talk of all time I would like to share,

"The next time you’re tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead. It will extend your life and make the lives of all those around you more enjoyable."
-Elder Joseph B Wirthlin "Come What May, and Love It" October 2008 General Conference

No comments: